Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Family Feuds


I might be a grand total of roughly 313 miles away, and a good 5 and a half hours away from home, but that doesn't mean my parents can't call me up on my cell phone and badger my brains out. I guess sometimes they forget that college work is substantially different than my work in high school. In high school, I could handle dealing with the stresses of family life, arguing with my parents, and dealing with my younger sister and her teenage tendencies. However, now I go to Trinity University, and it's not exactly the easiest school around. I'll be on my way to class- or even IN class- and I'll notice my phone vibrating. Who's calling? Mom. Who's calling? Dad. Who's calling? My sister Olivia. I try to be polite and answer, but usually the second I utter out "hello" my mom is asking me "How are classes? What did you do with your keys? Why is there a charge on the credit card? Will you please talk to your sister?" On and on and on. Honestly, it just stresses me out. I already have a lot on my plate. I'm a Pre-med, bio major, and that is a lot to handle in itself. Not to mention I'm also rushing, and do quite enjoy having a social life and hanging out with friends. When my parents call and add to my stresses, I feel bad because I'm too far away to help solve the problem, which just leaves me worrying and sidetracked on into the next class. It's distracting, and I can feel the stress build with each second that ticks away on the phone. It's hard to block it out and focus sometimes, but I have talked to my parents and it is getting better.

Signing out- Xay.

No comments:

Post a Comment