Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Sickness - Senioritis


So this blog is about not being able to focus due to all of the stress, distractions, drama, etc in our lives. It is very true that yes, those things do add to our disability to focus and pay attention and do very much distract us from the lecture we need to be taking notes for or that exam we need to be studying for, but for me, I finally realized what the real problem is- or at least the root of it. I have all those other distractions in my life, but I have always had those distractions and they never hurt me or my work ethic in high school, I fought through them and still managed to excel in my classes. I was walking to class thinking about why I'm so distracted and so NOT inspired to really care about school and then it hit me. Senioritis. I still have that disease. I mean it's deathly contagious, and I knew it lasted at least a year for most people, but it has stayed with me all this time. I can't get well! And it is killing me! My senior year wasn't hard at all, but it wasn't a piece of cake either. I had two AP classes- Calculus and Spanish IV but still I did very well without having to do much of anything. All my other classes were complete jokes. I could sleep in class or just daydream all period, then go home and watch television or whatever I wished to do. Then when the weekend rolled around I could party all weekend because I didn't have anything else to worry about. I was slackin' my way to an A that year, but I can't do that here. And it is finally starting to dawn on me that at Trinity University there ARE NO BLOW OFF CLASSES. Even roller blading and ballroom dance are challenging and are taken very seriously. I need to snap out of it or I am going to regret it. I better get well soon.

Subscribe to my Podcast (iTunes)
Subscribe to my Podcast (RSS)


Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io

No comments:

Post a Comment